17 June 2016

An Anniversary of Pain & Anguish: The Charleston Nine

LEST WE FORGET....

A Re-posting of June 17, 2015 Massacre  

Nine Souls Taken From Us 


















ROLL CALL FOR THE AGES:

 Ethel Lance, 70
Tywanza Sanders, 26
Cynthia Hurd, 54
DePayne Doctor,  49
State Sen./Rev. Clementa Pinckney
Susie Jackson, 87
Myra Thompson, 59
Rev. Daniel Simmons
Sharonda Singleton, 45 


more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article24842710.html#storylink=cpy
* "The identities of only three victims were relayed to families that night, Myers said. By 5am the coroner, Rae H Wooten, had to explain why identification was proving so difficult. “What happened in there was brutal,” Myers said. “It was gruesome.”"


Related Story:
Florist Worker, Debbie Dills Aids in the Capture of Mass Murderer 


*Addendum:  I've been struggling with this thought since the massacre and wondered if I should even broach the subject and I'm sure I will be relegated to the back of the church, in a corner  for expressing this concern. I must though, please indulge me on this one.

I start with a question?  Does the literal interpretation of some biblical concepts prevent believers from employing self-defense mechanisms when encountering those in the process of destroying them? During the many recounts of the events inside the church that evening; there was one that never changed.  A believer, a young man {26} pleaded with Dylann Roof to stop shooting the  others and particularly his aunt. It was also mentioned that the murderer reloaded 5 times given that his victims died from multiple gunshots. During those moments when the gunman was reloading; instead of pleading for their lives; why wasn't there an effort to rush him and take the gun.?  Some effort, at least, to fight to keep the life or lives of others bestowed by God. The time sequel of the shots fired and the pauses to reload may provide an answer. I don't know but the thought persists.



My grief is real and yes I'm angry.  I'm not a family member so I can't dictate how they should feel about this horrific massacre.  However, as a black citizen and part of a group of people who may encounter this fate whether in church or walking down the street or even in the privacy of my home; there is grave concern.  Forgiveness without repentance is another topic which I find puzzling, yet , sat totally amazed as I heard family members during the preliminary hearing of    Dylann Roof utter this concept through tears and heartache. I welcome comments to help me understand this phenomenon....please.

Let us call it what it is WHITE SUPREMACIST TERRORISM.  
 
And yes I honor and respect those who lost their lives, however, I can't help but wonder if some of them could have been saved.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...