06 August 2019

TONI MORRISON: REST DEAR QUEEN IN POWER & PEACE

"SOMETHING THAT IS LOVED IS NEVER LOST"



This will be brief for I am fresh in my grief for this outstanding scholar, novelist, intellectual, Nobel Prize Winner, Pulitzer Prize and Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient. I remember several years ago, a family friend lamented when a well-known celebrity had transitioned and I'm paraphrasing...send the ushers and bring the smelling salts! My sentiments since I heard the news that she has left us and they all eventually leave us.  The saving grace is her legacy of superb novels, *academic and *philosophical writings and her love for a people horrifically displaced, who struggled and attained heights that dared to challenge oppressive tactics and moved on for the greater good.  I've read that she is and was a National Treasure, for now, I'm not ready to fully let her go, so my feelings are with the former.

*Statement From the Family of Toni Morrison:


A preview of the latest documentary "The Pieces I Am" and a few of the many interviews that will stay with me until my final transition:










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...