27 April 2011

Phoebe Snow: Another Great One Has Left Us...


 What a life she led with all her trials and tribulations!



 


Phoebe Snow was indeed one of the most soulful and unique talents of our time and she has joined that celestial pantheon of remarkable vocalists.  She now belongs to the ages and what a musical legacy she left us.  I hope and trust her transition was a smooth one and she is now with her daughter whom she loved and nurtured for many years against all odds.  Blessings Phoebe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great song stylist! This brings back so many memories!

Carolyn Moon said...

I know...I formed a playlist of her songs and her versions of other popular and jazz pieces. It's amazing how certain songs can take you back in such a real way to the bittersweet, sadness and of course, the good times!! :-)

Anonymous said...

through email subscription of your blog, I just learned about her demise. I recall viewing a PBS program about her career; she talked about the process of writing a song and making music. It really showed how passionate she was, yet she did not get all the recognition she deserved. But, she still has her own fans. I smile pleasantly, as I think about her.
~KeKeMichel
www.BlackFemaleandHappy.wordpress.com

Godzkid said...

Mama...your page got it going on. Lovin' the vIbe.

Carolyn Moon said...

@blackfemaleandhappy....Yes she does make you smile. Your blog is wonderful and informative. I especially like your focus on health issues and taking care of ourselves. I look forward to your future posts.

@Godzkid...Thanks dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...