16 December 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS




The message this Christmas is brief and I've also featured the various archival  holiday messages on my sidebar. Many of the issues raised then haven't changed and I imagine will be with us for years to come.  The Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays controversy and the validity of the differing points of view are re-visited.  I've been quite clear about my views on the subject, however, I recently read an article by John Pavlovitz, a self-described "20-year ministry veteran trying to figure out how to love people well and to live-out the red letters of Jesus." and it broadened a few concepts I had about this subject.  In my opinion, this article has been one of the better perspectives on Why I'm a Christain who says "Happy Holidays".

*Enjoy this season of love, communion, goodwill, and charity. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...